Saturday, March 21, 2009

Loving Angelenic's Twitter: Blogger harrassed at Mother Road

The Downtown L.A. blog Angelenic has switched mostly to Twitter for now, since I think he needs to focus on actual work. But Rich has some good 140-character stuff: Blogger Sinosoul (TonyC) tried Mother Road, which I wrote about the other day (although I haven't been there myself) and was hassled for taking pictures and told he should have identified himself as a blogger first.
This restaurant needs more than an updated website -- it needs an attitude makeover!
I have rarely been told I can't take pictures -- only by Joan's on Third years ago, and more recently I saw Alain Giraud ask another photographer not to take pictures at Anisette -- but I'd say that in this business climate, a restaurant has nothing to gain and possibly a lot to lose by worrying about people taking photos instead of making good food, customer service and marketing.


WeezerMonkey said...

I have yet to be asked to stop taking photos, but I have been asked the reasons for my shutterbug ways.

Once I explain, however, the service actually gets better!

cigarcow said...

Ooo, I'm gonna start taking pictures everywhere I eat in hopes that they kick me out. Free food!! Thanks, Eater website!

SinoSoul said...

lol @ cigarcow.

except, ya know, due to my igdignation, I actually paid for my cream of broccoli. Mr. Manager attempted to return the money, but I packed my "camera bag" and bounced before he had the chance. I showed him! by paying! o yah!

who's down to invade this place w/ a buncha cameras? email me.

shdh said...

If you are cheap wow gold trying any unknown cheats to earn gold, you would cheapest wow gold face some problem and your account will be black out. So don't try to wow gold cheap find cheats instead try to wow7gold follow the guideline of world of warcraft. These tips could euwowgoldwork as gold cheat and can help a lot to earn gold and money. World of Warcraft is the most exiting online game and while Playing the game most of the players struggle ogpal to earn a lot of gold.

Most of the players World Of Warcraft Goldtry search cheat code for this game to earn gold. This article will help xowow you a lot to earn more and more gold.The best way to earn gold in this online game is by going through the guidelines wow gold for saleand other information about wowgold4europethe game that are available on the internet .

Grubtrotters said...

Alain almost tackled me taking pics at Anisette the first week it opened. "Are you a blogger?" he asked. He watches that place like a hawk.

L.A. Story said...

That's really insane. You would think in this climate restaurants would be happy to get the attention.