Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Taste of the Nation looking for volunteers

Taste of the Nation is coming up June 14 in Culver City and could still use a few more volunteers. More than 45 restaurants including Bazaar and Animal are participating so I imagine the volunteers will work hard but get plenty of tastes. Check out the website at Tasteofthenationla.org and then contact Paul Dreyer, dreyer@rand.org or 310/383-3499 for info on volunteering.

Taste of the Nation is held in Culver City from 1-4 pm and there's also a Mole cookoff with Jonathan Gold, cooking demonstrations and an honorary award for Nancy Silverton. Proceeds go to Share our Strength to fight children's hunger, and tickets start at $115.

3 comments:

Bumboolapuff said...

the email address is actually dreyer@rand.org!

SinoSoul said...

wonder if anyone actually got a reply...

Paul said...

SinoSoul: I got a ton of responses, many referencing the post here on Eating LA. Apologies if you contacted me (at the correct address) and I didn't respond, I was trying to get back to everyone who wrote or called.

In fact, I am now overwhelmed with volunteers, which is a good thing. I can't take on any more volunteers for the event itself, but I do need a crew for "second shift": show up at 3pm, enjoy the event for an hour, then spend 2-3 hours helping break down and clean up the site. Feel free to contact me at dreyer@rand.org if you're interested in helping out with this job.

Also, I'll be happy to add anyone to mailings for next year's event (I do not give away this mailing list, this is for TotN-LA stuff only), just contact me at the same address.

Paul