Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Isn't it ironic? Party's over for fat foodbloggers...


Lesley Balla from EaterLA wrote to apologize that she linked to my review of The Oinkster, but mistakenly attached it to the headline "Party's Over for Fat Foodbloggers." That headline was meant to go to with very timely story in today's New York Times, The Fat Pack Wonders If The Party's Over. But as a food blogger who was recently scolded by her doctor for cholesterol issues, it might have well have been meant for the Oinkster review.

I'm especially ticked since unlike Mario Batali and Jonathan Gold, I rarely indulge in lavish meals featuring obscure parts of pigs. I almost never have dessert, and I eat cheese no more than once a week. But somehow it seems to have crept up anyway, so I guess I'll follow Drew Nieporent's prescription of more sushi and oysters and less bread, and much, much more exercise . But don't worry, it's not going to be all tofu all the time at EatingLA. Everything in moderation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it from me, a vegan food blogger who eats no cheese and more than her fair share of tofu yet still manages to pack on the pounds... it all adds up in the end (pun intended)!

Anonymous said...

Recent studies have shown that dietary cholesterol doesn't cause cholesterol in the body - dietary *carbs* do. So yes, cutting back on breads and starches is a better line of attack.

H. C. said...

If it provides any hope, for the last year and a half that I've been foodblogging, I actually also started a diet/exercise regimen and have lost about 45 pounds to date.

So yea, all the good stuff in moderation . . .

Anonymous said...

The parts aren't obscure to the pig!