Friday, September 14, 2007

Food critics unmasked

I was a little surprised to find myself -- or my mouth anyway -- pictured in the L.A. Times food section Wednesday, but the article does raise an interesting point. Most of the restaurants I go to couldn't care less who I am, and surprisingly, no one has ever asked why I'm taking pictures in three years of blogging. (Well, except those picky people at Joan's on Third, but they're a whole other story.) It's a fact that the restaurant reviewing game has changed with the advent of bloggers, but that's no reason we can't strive for ethical behavior. It is a different story when you pay for most of your meals yourself than when you have an expense account, however, as LAFoodblogging points out in its response to the story.

2 comments:

Mr. Shain said...

what happened at joans??

H. C. said...

For me, it was Susina's that forbade me from taking pictures--but yea, no one else ever seemed to question it.