Sunday, August 07, 2005

Product of the week: Coconut ice cream

When I was shopping for my Asian barbecue last week, I came across this wonderful ice cream at the Silom Thai supermarket on Hollywood Blvd. It's called Sweetened Coconut Milk with Fruit, Coconut Pulp flavored. The amazing thing is that it's incredibly creamy, smooth and flavorful, and yet the only ingredients are coconut milk, sugar and coconut. No dairy products or stabilizers -- just coconut. It's fairly healthy, too, with 150 calories and 8 grams of fat per half cup, which is about half of Ben and Jerry's. It comes in a little rectangular plastic box which is about a pint for about $3.50. It's seriously good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At Trader Joe's they sell a coconut gelato that comes in white plastic pint containers which I do not recommend. It's not bad, per se, but there is something off about the taste, though I'm not sure what, exactly.