Monday, January 26, 2009

Why doesn't L.A. have a hospital-themed restaurant?

Here I am working at a hospital-themed restaurant in Latvia during my summer internship. Ok, not really, but it looks like I look enough like the waitresses to get a job at the wacky place featured on BoingBoing. L.A. just doesn't have enough themed restaurants these days, I feel. Sure, there's Royal T., and the Indian in San Gabriel, and a few piratey places in Koreatown, but it's crazy that the Latvians are beating Hollywood at its own game.

4 comments:

weezermonkey said...

OMG. So gross!

BTW, I went to BLT Steak last night for dineLA. It was great! The food was lovely, and the service was even lovelier. Thumbs up.

Cee said...

I've been to Indian Restaurant and I can't really call it a restaurant, more like a beer bar/ Hooters.

Ellen Bloom said...

I thought the girl on the right was YOU!!! Where did you get that fantastic wig?

Anonymous said...

Well, since hospital food is thought to be some of the worst food ever served, short of airline or military food, why would you want to create that scenario in your business plan?