Tuesday, November 25, 2008

N'ice Cream is good...could pot gelato be better?

Pretty in pink: sour cherry gelato

EatingLA left the Eastside for a field trip to Venice the other day, where we happened upon N'ice Cream: Nielsen's Homemade Gelato and Sorbet on Abbot Kinney Blvd. N'ice has only been open about a month, and the Danish owners use organic milk for their gelato. The flavors weren't too crazy but the sour cherry gelato was really well-balanced and creamy, and the lemon sorbet was pleasantly tart. I prefer the Italian-style where they pack as many flavors as you like into a cup -- N'ice goes by the scoop, but it's only $1 extra for another scoop. Strangely enough, there's a Pinkberry right next door. This is the perfect set-up for my daughter, who only eats chocolate gelato, and me, who likes a Pinkberry with Oreos every now and then.
Even stranger, though, was seeing the ice cream counter at the Farmacy with my own eyes. I remember when Jenny at Grubtrotters wrote about the pot dispensary/bakery/gelato shop a while back. You don't need a medical marijuana card to get into the front part of the store, which is a combination herbal/natural medicine emporium and bakery selling enhanced items like gelato, soda pop, lollipops and the all-purpose Canna butter (great for brownies!) for $30 a tub. There's also non-enhanced gelato, but in that case, you might as well go to N'ice, which was quite nice indeed. Has anyone tried the trippy gelato?


Anonymous said...

I'm more of a pinkberry fan myself, but to be fair, I've never tried the farmacy.


apartments in culver city

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to get some kal geons and the kal gold is given by my close friend who tells me that the kal online geons is the basis to enter into the game. Therefore, I should kal online gold with the spare money and I gain some kalonline Geons from other players.