Monday, July 21, 2008

The Doghouse, and a confession

DSCF1565-1
You guys probably think I'm some kind of tube steak connoisseur. I mean, not only does my profile photo show me chowing down on a unique New York System wiener in Rhode Island, but I appeared on national television judging Bobby Flay's hot dog against Pink's hot dog. Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Pink's isn't that good, so I feel like my judgement was correct in that case. But basically, hot dogs are not a priority for me when there's more Thai food and falafel still to be revealed. That's a pretty long disclaimer just to explain that there's a new stand in La Canada called The Doghouse. It's probably the only place in the tony suburb you can get lunch for $3.50. If you have a starving teenaged boy who just did two hours of advanced karate, as I do, he will be pleased with the chili dog. If you're me, you will remain largely neutral on the sauerkraut dog. But if you're a real dog hound and you're reasonably close to La Canada, then it's your duty to check out the Doghouse and report back.
The Doghouse
Foothill Blvd. at Young Dr.
La Canada

2 comments:

Marie said...

That chili dog looks so good, even at 8:15 in the morning.

Anonymous said...

You said tube steak... heh... heh...