Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Meryl Streep cast as Julia Child!

...or how to blog your way to a movie deal. Variety reports that Meryl Streep will play Julia Child and Amy Adams will play Julie the blogger in "Julie & Julia," with Nora Ephron directing. Is this the first blog-to-feature project? Despite my snarky comments about various Ephrons just one post below, I love the Streep-starring movie "Heartburn," which Mike Nichols directed and Ephron wrote, including many cooking references, and I wish her well with this project. I just wish Julia Child was still alive to see the stunning Streep portray her charming, gawky self. Filming will start next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Streep in any thing at all, but I most enjoy her singing. "Postcards From The Edge" being my favorite movie where she sings. I think she should record. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Great news--I especially hope it covers a bit of her career as an operative fo the OSS in post-WWII Ceylon...World-class food goddess as deep-cover spy!