Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Restaurant updates: Vito's open, Zen to close?

Chowhounds have whipped themselves into a near-frenzy over the return of long-lost Vito's Pizza. Alas, Vito's has reclocated from Vermont to the feeding frenzy of La Cienega in West Hollywood, and I don't imagine they'll be delivering to Silver Lake! Let's hope Il Capriccio Pizzeria can take up the slack.

A less-lamented loss for the neighborhood is Zen Sushi, which has supposedly been sold, although there's no news as yet as to whether it will remain a teenager-infested club for no-name bands, an awful sushi bar, or none of the above. Big space, though, with upstairs and downstairs areas and liquor license.

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Zen Sushi is one of the worst places I can remember eating in the neighborhood. I don't know what I was thinking trying it in the first place.

Anonymous said...

My question is, when WILL there be a REALLY good sushi bar in this area?
EN is okay, but a tad overpriced and don't get me started on that trendy one on Sunset or the Grocery Store sushi place on Vermont...

Anonymous said...

not to mention pazzaz, which is one of the worst sushi places i've ever visited.

Anonymous said...

Plague, you gotta try Sushi Koda, across the street from Eat Well on Sunset Blvd and toward downtown LA.

Anonymous said...

I've Lived in Silverlake For Over 13 Years,And I've Worked @ Zen Sushi Many a Times.The Place itself has potential to be a really cool,lax environment,It Just Needs A Little Love.Ive Seen Lots of Great Shows @ Zen,I Wont Lie.

Jory said...

Something is happening here for the last several weeks. Lots of demo work anyway.