Friday, May 19, 2006

Weekend news

Meson G will become an outpost of Red Pearl Kitchen. Owners Tim and Liza Goodell already operate Red Pearls in Huntington Beach and San Diego, and they felt the location would be better suited to Red Pearl's more casual Southeast Asian theme. Meson G was a beautiful room, so I hope they don't hang too many Chinese lanterns, but the small plates weren't quite worth their rather high prices. Meson G closes at the end of May; Red Pearl is slated to open in September.

Eating L.A. noticed that the odious Brown's Deli on Wilshire has been closed for a while now. They seem to be gutting the rather large space but it's not clear what it will be.

...I'm not sure which we'll mourn less, that or the closure of Eurochow in Westwood. I had never been there, but I heard it wasn't good. I'm pretty tired of overpriced faux Asian eateries -- is Red Pearl any good?

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Pat, apparently the Korean Cultural Center next to Brown's bought it out... what they're going to do there, I dunno. They may just expand their offices there...

Anonymous said...

As to Brown's, couldn't agree with you more. Being on the Miracle Mile, I did try it once. More than enough, I assure you.