Thursday, July 14, 2005

Exotic delights

I was surprised to come home yesterday and find a box of papayas on my doorstep. Then I remembered that I had been given a free certificate to Melissa's exotic fruit of the month club in a gift bag a few weeks ago. The first delivery was strawberry papayas, which are pinker than normal papayas. Papayas aren't generally my favorite, as they have a certain taint of the rotting tropics about them, but these would look beautiful sliced in a salad with an acidic, citrusy viniagrette to balance their slight blandness. Anyway, thanks Melissa, for the certificate. And next month, pluots!


unixlinux said...

Nice blog. Check out my cat behavior blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)