Wednesday, April 13, 2005

City of Lights, City of Angels

My favorite film industry events are those with a culinary tie-in -- the "Sideways" premiere, the Cinema Epicuria festival in Sonoma -- and the opening night cocktail for the City of Lights, City of Angels French film festival was no exception. Before the opening night film, Claude Lelouch's "Men and Women," some very distinguished members of the Club Culinaire brought in hors d'oeuvres. Josie LeBalch served her famous mushroom quiche, and Jean-Francois Meteigner of La Cachette brought a wonderful crispy tomato tart.

Jean-Francois Meteigner's savory tarts
The most unusual presentation was the Jonathan Club's smoked salmon cones topped with ginger ice cream. Opinions varied on how well the combination worked -- I thought the sweet ice cream was a little too jarring with the salty salmon, but it could have worked if there was no sweetening in the ice cream.

Liz tries the salmon cones
The Club Culinaire of French Cuisine has events all year long open to non-members, including $45 bistro dinners and the French picnic June 12 in Griffith Park. These sound like fun, since the Club members are some of L.A.'s finest chefs.


A. said...

Hey, that French picnic sounds fun. I'm gonna try to put together a posse of LA Bloggers to go. Let me know if you are going too.

A. said...

this is A. Crew from speaking. sorry

Anonymous said...

Meteigner's a reknown pincher of female intern ass. The directory of my culinary school implicitly warned me against doing a stage there.

blogger1272 said...

What a great site you have here, I bookmarked it!

I have a penis enlargement reviews related info site. It covers penis enlargement reviews related information.

Check it out when you can. ;)

abigail said...

Wow - you're blog is full of good info. It's getting hard to find blogs with useful content and people talking about smoked salmon these days. I have just started my Latest smoked salmon news blog and would really appreciate you coming by - thanks again

Anonymous said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. matthew fox and evangeline lilly is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

Goodman441 said...

Hello and thank you for welcoming me to this adsense earn money blog. As a fellow webmaster i am always in need of good traffic. Please visit my site at: when you have a chance.

doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a website related togoogle adsense software. So make sure you visit and hope it's useful.

quick cash advance loan1c1 said...

Wondrous blog. Your site was very pleasing and I
will go back again! I like surfing the net for blogs
as good as yours.
Come as you are and look at my first cash advance blog.

Crazy Stallion said...

U have a nice blog. Congratulations! I have horse related site:
Crazy Stallion

superlong said...

Cool site on penis growth pill Check out my Penis Enlargement

cyril said...

Nice Blog!Please check out my site about Vimax Pills

great ass picture said...

Great here. Thanks for taking the time to make this site.

personal development said...

Your blog is very well put together! If you get a chance and think you might be interested please look at my site hypnosis spiral