Wednesday, October 13, 2004

"Sideways": A film about wine

Since I write about film and I love pinot noir, Alexander Payne's new movie "Sideways" is pretty much the perfect film for me. Add to that a great performance by the classically depressed Paul Giamatti and a bucolic California setting, and it's going to be hard for me to find a better film this year. Last night's premiere offered a nice selection of pinots from Hitching Post, the restaurant featured in the film, and a big spread of cheese, pate and chocolate fondue. I didn't sample much food, though, because I don't have much appetite at 11 pm and I had to talk to Alexander, his wife and the film's co-star Sandra Oh and producer Michael London, who said he had been on a few of the Santa Inez valley wine adventures described in the Rex Pickett novel "Sideways" is based on. I don't think this quote will make the movie ads, but if you liked Eric Rohmer's "Autumn Tale" and Nick Hornby's "High Fidelity," you'll love "Sideways."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog

Best Wishes

I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.

Clickbank Mall said...

Come Visit Santa at his blog and tell him what you want for Christmas,

no-time said...

Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
got my attention and I will go to the site again!
Everyday of the month you need to peep my cash advance orange county blog.

cash loan said...

good post

open365dayz said...

Hi #NAME#. Just found your site via fragrance. Although I was looking for fragrance I was glad i came upon your site. Thanks for the read!