Wednesday, August 11, 2004

More restaurants to try: Mexican

I've been neglecting Mexican food lately, as I usually feel like going Asian. But there are a few places I've been hearing about that I'd like to try. Here's the rundown:
La Parrilla - for some reason, I've never been to this East L.A. institution, but I've heard the things to get are the guacomole, the queso fundido con chorizo, and the grilled meats.
2126 E. Caesar Chavez Ave.
Mi India Bonita -- everything, I guess
4731 E. Olympic
Tacos Baja Ensenada -- fish tacos!
5385 Whittier Blvd.
Mercado La Paloma - tacos at Taqueria Vista Hermosa
3655 S. Grand Ave.
Gallo's Grill - grilled steak and chicken
4533 E. Cesar Chavez

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

La Parrilla - for some reason, I've never been to this East L.A. institution, but I've heard the things to get are the guacomole, the queso fundido con chorizo, and the grilled meats.Hmmmmm - I was just there yesterday (2nd visit) and have these comments for consideration:

* Do NOT park in their dinkie parking lot. Opt for street parking, as horrible as that may be. My hubby's brand new car now as a ding in it, and let me add - Mercedes parts aren't cheap.

* Queso fundido: You might as well fill a bowl with grease and fill the other half with cheese/chorizo. It was THAT greasy. I just had queso fundido in Vegas (Venetian:Canonita - high recommended) and it was so delightful. La Parilla's version only got me to eat one bite. So sad.

Stick with the quac. At least that's safe.

- djoyusone at livejournal.com

Anonymous said...

The cucumber drink @ Gallo's Grill is muy chingon.

Anonymous said...

Hi P Saperstein I’ve been looking for related blogs and I came across yours on More restaurants to try: Mexican during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. I have just recently started a daily news feed on my own site and you are most welcome to come and visit me at . I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Roy