1. Although the New York Times claimed she wasn't big on Mexican food, she did like to eat at La Super Rica in Santa Barbara. I think I first heard about the place in a magazine article quoting her in the '80s.
2. She liked a good In 'n Out Burger.
3. Her lemon souffle in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" was the perfect thing to make when I was a high school girl with a sweet tooth, no other cookbooks in the house, and virtually no ingredients available besides a lemon tree, eggs and sugar.
4. Like me, she was a fan of cats and Planned Parenthood.
5. Also like me, her first meal on French soil included a green salad, which she thought was wonderful and full of flavor.