Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blogger Prom was a bracing dose of the 80s

One of our lovely hostesses, Tara from WhenTaraMetBlog, and her cheerful friend

What's Blogger Prom? Well, it was last night, so if you didn't know about it you missed it. If you weren't there, quick, start a blog so you'll have a shot a next year's guest list. Check out this report of the kitschy 80s dresses and festive cupcakes from KevinEats, complete with photos of Josh, Alison and Tara De Lis. And thanks to the Andaz Hotel, HC and everyone else on the prom committee, Barrie Lynn, the Cheese Impresario, and PolkaDots Cucakes (left) for injecting a lot more fun into the dreary, grueling work of a food blogger: eating a lot and then writing about it. The prom really showed how marketers are courting bloggers these days: everyone from Rosangel tequila to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf came through with drinks and prizes.
Now, I'm going to go find some Flock of Seagulls and Soft Cell to listen to.

7 comments:

TaraMetBlog said...

It was great seeing you at prom and glad to hear you had a good time :)

L.A. Story said...

Thanks again for the Blogger Prom invite! I had a great time. Already looking forward to next year!

Nanciful said...

Hi Pat! I saw you last night at Blogger Prom but was too shy to go up and introduce myself! Maybe I'll see you at the next event! Great wrap up of the prom!

Raphael said...

Wow, people have been saying they recognized me from this blog - nice site and great meeting you!

Pandora Young said...

Hey Pat - I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the event. Mostly I was too busy shoving free food down my gullet to talk to anyone. Hope to see you at the next monthly-

Michelle Thatcher said...

Great to see you at the prom, if only for a minute. Hope to see you again at the August MediaBistro event!

Natalie DeJohn said...

This looked like so much fun!!! How do I score an invite for next year?