Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Newsworthy Wednesday

I just had to try the kind of silly Rate-your-own-kitchen quiz at the L.A. Health Dept. site. Phew, I got a 91. I got marked down for not having a thermometer in my refrigerator (does anyone?) and for sometimes leaving cooked food out while I'm preparing other parts of the meal. They're going to send me an "A" placard for my window!

Lots of new restaurants popping up: good reviews for Square One Dining on Fountain and two new Asian restaurants coming to the Eastside -- a sushi place on Sunset where Cirxa was located, and a pan-Asian place on Los Feliz where the old smorgasbord was. Stay tuned.

Thanks to Chowhound poster Alison for noting that Blair's is expanding into the store next to it, and may start offering breakfast and lunch.

In the L.A. Times, details on the Secret Restaurant downtown and Comfort Cafe's chef on Food Network's "The Next Food Network Star" on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I called to try to get reservations but Sherry, the hostess, said I needed an invite. Oh, it's hard not being in the in-crowd!

Erin S. said...

Me too--tried to email and was told the LA Times did not have permission to run the item on the event, and that they have had to cancel. Hmmm....

santos. said...

i have a working thermometer in my fridge in la. i'm only there for part of the year, so it's an easy/immediate way for me to check if the fridge is still working properly.