Friday, April 13, 2007

Luke Thompson, connoisseur of sushi and hooters

I must say, I was a touch skeptical when I saw that my friend Luke Y. Thompson had reviewed a sushi bar for the OC Weekly. I mean, I find his film reviews amusing, although not everyone agrees. But I wasn't so sure about his taste in food -- I know he likes sushi, yet he also consumes more fast food than seems prudent or chowish. But, more fool me -- Luke did a very nice job reviewing Takaraya in Orange. And just like one of his food-reviewing mentors, Meredith Brody, it was fun to see who he went with -- in this case, David and Julie, frequent commentors on Luke's and the late Cathy Seipp's blog. And he didn't mention hooters once.

2 comments:

  1. I should just do a restaurant review of Hooters sometime. I only eat at fast food so much because I'm totally broke.

    But my taste in sushi and hooters is generally impeccable. Thank you for the good words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:30 PM

    You must have spent years refining your hooters palate.

    ReplyDelete