Tuesday, February 15, 2005

New York minute, or two

Eating L.A. had a rare long weekend in New York, checking out Christo's gates and grazing as we went along. A few of the highlights included: the crispy, perfectly baked crust at John's Pizza.

Real New York bagels (ok, I admit it, they are different) at Ess-a-bagel and H & H.

A cheese blintz with strawberry-rhubarb sauce at Zabar's.
Various noodle soups at Bo-Ky in Chinatown.

The history of the Chinese restaurant in America exhibit at the Chinatown Museum.

Cocktails in Williamsburg and at the Subway Bar in midtown.
Peruvian chicken delivered to a friend's house in Morningside Heights -- Pollos a la Brasa, why don't you deliver?
And of course, walking around Central Park and just basically wandering.

6 comments:

  1. The PICTURE of John's pizza made me miss New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bf just moved around the corner from Ess-a-bagel and I have to say I was extremely impressed with my bagel this morning. My whole wheat bagel was clearly every bit whole and wheat...my only disappointment was they "don't do toasted." A bagel ain't a bagel if it ain't toasted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly I'm commenting about a thousand years after you posted, but . . . You went to the Subway Bar? So scary.

    The next time you're in NYC, stop by Una Pizza Napoletana. It's truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:27 AM

    You need to check out www.code.tv for great New York restaurants!! I always use it for when I know I'm going to be in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:58 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete