Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Restaurant updates: Vito's open, Zen to close?

Chowhounds have whipped themselves into a near-frenzy over the return of long-lost Vito's Pizza. Alas, Vito's has reclocated from Vermont to the feeding frenzy of La Cienega in West Hollywood, and I don't imagine they'll be delivering to Silver Lake! Let's hope Il Capriccio Pizzeria can take up the slack.

A less-lamented loss for the neighborhood is Zen Sushi, which has supposedly been sold, although there's no news as yet as to whether it will remain a teenager-infested club for no-name bands, an awful sushi bar, or none of the above. Big space, though, with upstairs and downstairs areas and liquor license.

6 comments:

  1. Zen Sushi is one of the worst places I can remember eating in the neighborhood. I don't know what I was thinking trying it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:34 AM

    My question is, when WILL there be a REALLY good sushi bar in this area?
    EN is okay, but a tad overpriced and don't get me started on that trendy one on Sunset or the Grocery Store sushi place on Vermont...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:56 PM

    not to mention pazzaz, which is one of the worst sushi places i've ever visited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:19 PM

    Plague, you gotta try Sushi Koda, across the street from Eat Well on Sunset Blvd and toward downtown LA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:16 AM

    I've Lived in Silverlake For Over 13 Years,And I've Worked @ Zen Sushi Many a Times.The Place itself has potential to be a really cool,lax environment,It Just Needs A Little Love.Ive Seen Lots of Great Shows @ Zen,I Wont Lie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something is happening here for the last several weeks. Lots of demo work anyway.

    ReplyDelete