The HotKnivez guys are doing a Beer and Cheese Pairing Symposium featuring beers of the Bruery. You can buy a ticket, or if you're a blogger, you can a win a ticket by explaining what beer you would pair with what cheese in a heartfelt blog post.
What: The Ultimate Beer & Cheese Tasting
When: Thurs., Oct. 14 at 7:30 pm
Where: Verdugo Bar
How: Buy Tickets at verdugobar.com OR enter our Beer Blogger “Pair–Off” Contest
For more details:
The Bruery’s Patrick Rue will be on hand Thursday to pour five rare beers (think barrel fermented Autumn Maple and other special releases). Hot Knives will be pairing each of the limited release beers with a funky goat, cow or sheep cheese highlighting wild and unique cheeses from Bavarian hinterlands in honor of Oktoberfest. Beermeister Ryan Sweeney, owner of Verdugo and West L.A.’s Surly Goat, will be on hand to discuss each pairing.
Seats are extremely limited and can be reserved on a first-come first serve basis starting this week at verdugobar.com. Ticket price of $30 per person covers all beer and cheeses. After the tasting Verdugo will continue pouring Bruery beers to the general public and any and all beer lovers are invited to come mingle.
In addition: A few lucky L.A. bloggers will be given a free ticket to the tasting as part of our “Pair-Off” contest. Them’s the rules…
- Create and publish a blog post that promotes or critiques your favorite beer(s) with a required cheese pairing. Choose anything.
- Extra points for a blog post that talks about L.A. Beer Week
- The blog post may include text, photos and/or video.
- The blog post must be published by Thurs., Oct. 7. Email link to email@example.com.
- The contest’s creators will select the most thorough and/or entertaining post and will announce winners during Beer Week.
- You must love beer and cheese — and demonstrate the depth of your love!