Sunday, June 20, 2010

Eat My Blog raises over $5,000 for the L.A. Foodbank

Flourless fruit tarts, left; grapefruit curd tuiles, right

Mini chocolate/coconut cakes, left, Starry Kitchen's pandan churros, right
 Thanks to everyone who came out for Eat My Blog Saturday and thank to the amazing Cathy Danh of Gastronomy blog for organizing this wonderful event, which raised $5,427 for the L.A. Regional Foodbank. My bacon maple cupcakes sold out really fast, as did lots of other treats. There were dozens of inspiring baked goods, but tried to restrain myself and not take home too many. I think I chose well: the triple cherry streusel bar I bought was definitely one of the most delicious baked goods I've ever eaten. Will the baker of these please write in with the recipe so I can post it? Thanks much!
Just Jenn's Sleeping Baby cupcakes

5 comments: said...

Very good blog.

oddlyme said...

Wonderful news! What an accomplishment!

Diana said...

Pat, Cathy actually made the cherry streusel bars! The woman is unstoppable. :) Here's the link to the recipe on her site -

Fun seeing you yesterday! :)

Gastronomer said...

Aw, Pat. You know exactly how to make a gal feel like a million bucks! Thank you for baking and working at Eat My Blog. You are the queen of LA food blogging ;-)

bed frames said...

Yummy, I want that. This is a very interesting blog. I wish I can also make one of those cherry bars.