Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eat Phamish: Vietnamese truck dining goes beyond banh mi

I was excited to try Eat Phamish, a Vietnamese truck which goes beyond banh mi with pho, spring rolls and pork skewers. Unfortunately the anticipation was the best part, because it was one of their first days in business and they forgot to put noodles in my chicken pho ($8). So it was just chicken soup -- with a good amount of white meat chicken and a flavorful broth, and a nice selection of basil and bean sprouts. My colleague had a succulent grilled pork banh mi ($5). Fortunately the truck responded to my tweet, saying they'd be happy to make me a new order next time they come to my office building. It's such as refreshing change to have Vietnamese sandwiches and pho available on Wilshire that I'm willing to forgive just about anything. During the first week, there weren't many veggie options available, but on the website it shows that their menu is growing to incorporate tofu sandwiches and rolls. Let's just call Eat Phamish a work in progress, and I hope I'll get to try again for a more complete review.

4 comments:

DailyChef said...

Haha, I've never had pho without noodles before! :-P Sounds like they were really responsive, which is nice. Looking forward to hearing how your second experience is and what you ordered when you go back!

buy silver coins said...

See our silver bullion coin of the United States and has several highly collectible mintings

JJ Bagley said...

I love this trend of high-end food trucks roaming cities and providing enlightened dishes for a good price.

Peter said...

You know you're in the modern age when the food trucks have Twitter accounts... haha